Walter Scott Cemetery

Walter Scott is the first and oldest cemetery in the Eads area and was established in the late 1800s to early 1900s. The cemetery was moved to another site east of town around 1920. However, the gravesites located at the Walter Scott Cemetery were not moved because next-of-kin could not be found or contacted for permission for repatriation. Therefore, these gravesites have remained alone on the hill south of Eads and through the years were forgotten. They are now part of the developing Jackson’s Trails project that will provide walking trails to the cemetery, Jackson’s Pond, and back into Eads at a historical barn being developed into the trailhead for the project. The oldest grave at the Walter Scott Cemetery is from 1899 and is for a one-month old baby. The latest identified grave is from 1916.

Click images for larger view.

Comments are closed.