"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- TB vaccine 'could help prevent MS' Thu, 05 Dec 2013 01:00:19 GMT
- An anti-tuberculosis vaccine could prevent multiple sclerosis, early research suggests.
- No blame over dropped catches - Swann Thu, 05 Dec 2013 10:31:29 GMT
- Graeme Swann says individuals will not be singled out for dropping chances as Australia end day one of the second Test on 273-5.
- O'Sullivan knocked out by Bingham Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:56:09 GMT
- Reigning world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan is beaten 6-4 by Stuart Bingham in the UK Championship quarter-finals.
- What would the union jack look like if the Scottish bit were removed? Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:47:56 GMT
- An association of flag experts, or vexillologists, has created a set of designs it hopes will encourage a discussion, writes Sam Judah.
- What is 'highway hypnosis'? Wed, 04 Dec 2013 13:47:54 GMT
- A train driver says he was experiencing "highway hypnosis" just prior to the derailment in which four people were killed last week in New York. So what is it?
- Uganda gives iPads to all MPs Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:13:32 GMT
- Uganda's parliament gives iPads to all MPs at a cost of $370,000 - a move which is criticised by many people.
- India sex case judge faces no action Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:19:59 GMT
- India's Supreme Court says that it will take no action against retired judge AK Ganguly, accused of sexual misconduct by one of his interns.
- 'Loyalists' attack CAR capital Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:18:01 GMT
- Forces loyal to the ousted Central African Republic president are said to have attacked the capital hours before the UN votes on sending peacekeepers.
- Mexico radioactive material found Thu, 05 Dec 2013 04:53:03 GMT
- Stolen radioactive material, cobalt-60, is found in Mexico, but officials warn the thieves may have been exposed to deadly radiation levels.
- Thousands of Eritreans 'abducted' Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:10:50 GMT
- Up to 30,000 Eritreans have been abducted since 2007 and taken to Egypt's Sinai to suffer torture and ransom demands, new research says.
- Top Gun muse is Pentagon highflyer Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:42:43 GMT
- The flight instructor who was the inspiration for the female love interest in the film Top Gun has become acting deputy head of the Pentagon.
- Storm forces thousands from homes Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:28:16 GMT
- Thousands of people are being evacuated from their homes amid fears a storm, which has killed two men, will cause the biggest tidal surge for 60 years.
- The plan is working, says Osborne Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:05:41 GMT
- The chancellor says the UK economy is bouncing back but the recovery is "not yet done" - and millions must wait longer for a state pension.
- Footballers charged in fixing probe Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:35:47 GMT
- Two footballers from non-league team Whitehawk FC are charged with conspiracy to defraud following a match-fixing investigation by the National Crime Agency.
- Rigby was 'first soldier spotted' Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:10:12 GMT
- The men accused of murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby in south-east London chose him because he was "the soldier that was spotted first", the Old Bailey hears.