"Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation -- what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."
—William Lyon Phelps
- Putin pledge on Nemtsov murder Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:06:03 GMT
- Russia's President Putin vows to bring the killers of opposition politician Boris Nemtsov to justice, as world leaders demand a transparent inquiry.
- Kurdish leader seeks Turkey peace Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:03:32 GMT
- The jailed leader of Turkey's main Kurdish rebel group urges his followers to end a 30-year armed struggle and seek a democratic peace.
- Looted Iraq museum opens 12 years on Sat, 28 Feb 2015 13:24:36 GMT
- Iraq's national museum officially reopens in Baghdad, 12 years after it was looted in the aftermath of the invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.
- UK 'must prepare for Russian threat' Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:35:11 GMT
- Russia has become a danger to Britain and the country must be prepared to take steps to defend itself and its allies, the former head of MI6 says.
- Eight guilty over $100m Paris heists Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:55:08 GMT
- Eight men are jailed over a double heist on the Harry Winston jewellery shop in Paris that netted watches and jewels worth more than $100m.
- Turkish author Yasar Kemal dies Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:59:00 GMT
- One of Turkey's best-known writers, Yasar Kemal, 92, dies in an Istanbul hospital following respiratory and organ failure.
- India budget to boost investment Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:25:36 GMT
- Indian PM Narendra Modi's government unveils a business-friendly budget aimed at attracting greater investment for the economy.
- Obama leads Leonard Nimoy tributes Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:55:57 GMT
- President Obama is among those paying tribute to Leonard Nimoy, the Star Trek actor who has died aged 83, saying: "I loved Spock."
- Egypt lists Hamas as terrorist group Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:43:32 GMT
- An Egyptian court designates the Palestinian group Hamas as a terrorist organisation, accusing it of supporting an insurgency in northern Sinai.
- Rwanda urged to take BBC to court Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:25:26 GMT
- An inquiry in Rwanda urges the government to initiate criminal and civil proceedings against the BBC for a documentary about the 1994 genocide.
- Pegida UK stages first demonstration Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:26:22 GMT
- About 2,000 protesters demonstrate against the first rally in Britain by a group opposed to what it calls the "Islamisation of Europe".
- Nyong'o stolen dress 'recovered' Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:02:38 GMT
- A dress "resembling" the $150,000 (£97,000) outfit worn by Lupita Nyong'o at this year's Oscars has been found, Los Angeles police say.
- VIDEO: Mariupol's volunteer defence force Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:19:30 GMT
- Fighting has died down in Ukraine's Donetsk and Luhansk regions in recent days, after a ceasefire agreed between the government and pro-Russian rebels.
- VIDEO: Hungarian village up for rent Sat, 28 Feb 2015 05:50:13 GMT
- A small Hungarian village has put itself up for tourists to rent, in an attempt to raise money to revitalise it.
- VIDEO: Modi's budget: Business reaction Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:48:16 GMT
- India Business Report's Shilpa Kannan gauges business reaction to Narendra Modi's first budget at the Confederation of Indian Industry in Delhi.